Businessbag «Dschember»* - now available for pre-orders
An exciting imperfection, lasting beauty, deliberately wild: this is the new business bag made of deer leather. Because there are enough ordinary bags.
* The fragrant Swiss stone pine (roman "Dschember"), symbol of strong will, endurance and vitality, is the inspiration for the name of the business bag. The characteristics of the Swiss stone pine should not only be promising for business...
Swiss Wabi Sabi
Our business bag “Dschember” made of wild deer leather lives the Japanese concept “Wabi-Sabi”: The aesthetic enhancement of the impaired. The precious raw material is depicted with imperfections because it comes from the wilderness. From red deer in the Swiss Alps, which were hunted to regulate the population. Cervo Volante collects what is otherwise disposed of by burning and refines it into fine leather in the last remining Swiss tanneries. The resulting leather is 100% vegetable tanned, without heavy metals and without any chemical-synthetic substances. This natural and beautiful leather is further refined into functional and stylish high-quality business bags in a small German manufactory. The designed business bags are deliberately puristic without any frills. The inner, outer and laptop compartment, discreet magnets closure and detachable shoulder strap are well thought through and tested and distinguish this model as a briefcase as well as a leisure bag.
We at Cervo Volante are convinced that the respectful handling of what nature provides has a future. Because this is what creates the true luxury and a unique bag. This bag is for people with style and courage to make a conscious statement.
About Cervo Volante
We founded Cervo Volante in 2017 to bring to the market what we couldn’t find ourselves: Sustainable leather shoe classics and everyday companions with the smallest ecological footprint. We – that is Kadri, Conny, Piret and Marc. We come from the worlds of business, biology, design and creativity and we are united by a heart for nature, for beauty and meaning, for the unadorned and honest.
- Measures: 41 cm (W) x 31 cm (H) x 12 cm (D)
- Handle length: 12 cm
- Detachable shoulder straps adjustable in length 35 – 50 cm
- Spacious interior accommodates also a wide federal folder.
- Interior compartment 36 x 26 cm for laptop, documents or writing pad.
- Small interior compartment 25×20 cm for wallet, pens, hankerchiefs, etc.
- Small, deep outer compartment on the back of the bag 17×22 cm for mobile and small items.
Materials and Production
- LEATHER: 100% Swiss deer leather from animals that lived in the wild and were hunted there. Bumps and scratches on the leather are traces of this wild life and a sign of authenticity and uniqueness. All leathers are tanned in the Canton of Berne using 100% vegetable dyes, without chrome and without synthetic tanning agents.
- SEWING THREAD: From 100% recycled PET bottles
- METALLIC PARTS: As little as it takes. Hidden magnet sewn under the flap for automatic closure of the bag. Four small collar buttons in the colour of old brass for adjusting the strap length.
- CRAFT: The businessbag is handmade in a small manufactory in southern Germany.
Simple elegance in wild deer leather. Measures 20 x 10 cm. Large pocket for change with snap fastener, 2 large inside pockets for notes and 6 small pockets for cards, 1 large outside pocket on the back for notes, tissue or business card. We have intentionally avoided using any plastic inserts. The wallet is made of 100% chrome-free tanned Swiss deer leather. It is sewn with strong recycling PET thread and handcrafted in southern Germany.
COLOURS: Cognac (tanned with mimosa and quebracho)
Black (tanned with oak, dyed with coal)
LEATHER: 100% Swiss deer leather from animals that lived in the wild and were hunted there. Bumps and scratches on the leather are traces of this wild life and a sign of authenticity and uniqueness. All leathers are tanned in the Canton of Berne using 100% vegetable dyes, without chrome and without synthetic tanning agents.
SEWING THREAD: Made from 100% recycled PET bottles
METAL: As little as it takes. A little push button in the color old brass.
CRAFTS: The wallet is handmade in a small manufactory in southern Germany.
NAME: Nuschellas, romanesque for Arven nuts, which fit perfectly into the change compartment of the wallet. As emergency supply for hard times. Be inspired by the fir tree jay. Every autumn he hides thousands of Nuschellas in the ground to get through the winter. Soon the little nuts grow into mighty Swiss stone pines. With a little luck and skill, your small change can also grow into big things…
PRICE: CHF 180
Pre-order for CHF 180Order now