The CHIRALLA* summer sandal lets the wearer fly over colourful flower meadows, or at least dream of it. The ecological deerskin sandal deserves the butterfly’s name twice over: two interconnected leather loops form the heart of the airy sandal, reminiscent of dancing butterfly wings. CHIRALLA is also thoughtfully sustainable inside and out. The upper leather is pure vegetable-tanned Swiss deer leather, the lining is made of Swiss roe deer leather produced in the same way. No animal breeding, no over-fertilised meadows…
CHIRALLA forms a beautiful and hopefully (lifelong) bond with every foot. Thanks to the airy leather wings and the adjustable heel straps, the sandal fits almost everyone and every foot.
The sandal is handmade and consists of 100% Swiss deer and roe deer leather, from animals that lived in the wild and were hunted there.
ATTENTION TO DETAIL – QUALITY FEATURES
- Leather outsole with fine anti-slip layer on the heel
- Fine silver metal buckle on heel strap for length adjustment
- Fine stag beetle embossing on the insole
- Contrast stitching on the sole
The upper of the sandal is directly woven and assembled into the insole, the sole is stitched. With this construction, less glue is needed and the sandal is soft and flexible when worn.
The design of the sandal is inspired by Cervo Volante’s typical “Mountain and Valley” line. Mountain and valley are depicted in a playful way as intertwined leather loops.
Handmade in a small Italian shoe manufactory in Tuscany.
The pure vegetable-tanned upper leather and insole come from red deer in the Swiss mountains, the sandal lining from roe deer in Swiss forests. All leathers have been left natural without surface treatment.
The colour cognac corresponds to the natural colouring caused by the tanning with mimosa and quebracho.
For the colour black, deerskins tanned with acorns are barrel-dyed.
Available colours for this model are (while available):
Cognac (tanned with mimosa/quebracho)
Black (oak tanned, barrel dyed black)
Recycled tissue paper and box made of 100% recycled cardboard as a shipping box.
* Farfalla, Milermoler, Plichaplacha, Tüblaina: the romanesque names for butterflies are almost as colourful and varied as the butterfly fauna itself. For the sake of simplicity, we will write CHIRALLA (instead of Tgiralla). There are around 240 species in Switzerland. They react sensitively to changes in their habitat and are therefore bioindicators of the quality of nature. The quality of nature in Switzerland is not the best: more than half of the butterflies are endangered. You can wear your CHIRALLA with a clear conscience, because its ecological footprint is tiny. Plichaplacha.
100% VEGETABLE TANNED LEATHER
from WILD RED DEER AND ROE DEER
from sustainable SWISS HUNTING
handmade in ITALY
wrapped in recycled silk paper in a smart SHOE BOX made of recycled cardboard.
There are no reviews yet.